Health and Beauty
Inexpensive face mask treatments from your cupboard
* MAYONNAISE. Apply whole egg mayonnaise on your face (right from the jar) for about 20 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
* PEACH & BRANDY. Mash up a peach (use ripe, canned or frozen) and mix in a tablespoon of brandy. Leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse off.
* TOMATO MASK. For oily skin, mash up a ripe tomato and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with warm (not hot) water.
* BANANA MASH. Mash up a very ripe banana. Add just enough honey to make a soft pulp. Apply over face and hair. This is such a great firming mask that aging movie stars have been known to put it in the cups of their bras to make their breasts "perky." (Just make sure that you don't use too much honey and you use a sturdy bra.)
* HONEY MASK. Apply pure honey (straight from the bottle) to your face and neck. Allow it to set until dry (about 15 minutes). Rinse with very warm water.
* MILK OF MAGNESIA. Apply it straight from the bottle. Let it dry for about five to ten minutes. Rinse off with warm water, then gently pat your face dry with a fluffy towel.
* PEPTO BISMOL. This is a face mask particularly suited for those with sensitive skin. In the same way that this product coats the stomach, it gently caresses the face. Apply it straight from the bottle, using a cotton swab. Allow to dry, then rinse with cool water.