Health and Beauty
Filling In Your Eyebrows
The trick to full brows is to come clean, then fill in the blanks. Waxing director Eliza Petrescu of Avon Salon & Spa explains it for us:
* Choose a pencil and powder in the correct shade. Women with fair complexions should use a blonde shade, those with olive tones should go tawny or brown, and those with with African-American skin should use gray.
* Brush brows downward with a dry, mascara-like wand. To define the arch, use the pencil to draw a line along the upper edge of the brow. Comb the brows upward and outward.
* For added fullness, dust eye shadow into the hairs of the brow with a stiff, slanted brush. Dip the brush into a tiny amount of powder and use short, gentle strokes while applying.
* If brows have been severely overtweezed, brush the hairs in the direction of the growth, and fill in any visible patches with powder. Avoid adding to the top or bottom of the brows.
* Comb a clear brow gel up through the brows to set hairs in place.