Health and Beauty
How To Reduce Varicose Veins
Varicose veins make your legs look ugly. There are things you can do to reduce them:
* Do regular exercise. Walking, running, cycling & swimming keep blood vessels healthy.
* Stick to a high-fibre & low-salt diet.
* Kick off the high heels.
* Avoid tight-fitting clothings or undergarments that restrict blood flow at the waist, groin & legs (e.g. girdles, stockings & socks).
* If elastic stockings are recommended, wear them before getting out of bed in the morning.
* Don't leave legs crossed or bent for a long period.
* If work requires prolonged standing or sitting, move & stretch those legs, rotate ankles & wiggle the toes once in a while.
* Do leg stretching exercises daily.
* Raise legs above the level of the heart whenever possible.
* Rest those legs on pillows while sleeping.
* Stop smoking.