Health and Beauty
How To Straighten Your Hair
So, do you want to strighten your curls? Here's how:
* Wash and condition hair.
* Blot dry. Hair should be almost dry when you begin.
* Gather up hair into several sections and secure or clip hair on top of your head. You will be drying the bottom layers first.
* Follow the brush (with your dryer) down the sections of hair as you straighten each section and be sure to keep the dryer moving.
* Take down a new section of hair and procede as directed above.
* Work your way up the layers until all sections are dried and straightened.
* To curl the ends for a polished look, take your brush and pull the ends under. Finish your styling with a blast of cool air if your hairdryer has this capability.
* For best results, use products formulated for your hair type. It does make a difference.
* Give your hair a break and allow it to dry naturally as often as possible.
* Have split ends snipped every six weeks to two months to ensure that they don't travel up the hair shaft.